Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Day 15 riding ...

Bike day 15 for me/17 to go
Clay Center, KS to Manhattan, KS 43 miles

We could have had a nice easy day riding, except for the headwinds. I know that hills and headwinds are my friends, and I was talking to the winds all day, but it would have been nice to talk to somebody else, even a stranger. We left later this morning because of the short distance and still beat most of the heat. A nice short day.

A change in the printed schedule in the tool box. Tomorrow we go to Lawrence, KS, not Topeka. So we have an 80 mile day, not a 58 mile day. Then the next day we ride about 60 miles into Kansas City, MO.

A bunch of us went to a bike shop to look, and also get some work done that needed the facilities of a bike shop. Then some went to a mall, and I went with about 7 others to see the new Harry Potter movie. It was fun, but the movie was only moderately good. Maybe it would have been better if I stayed awake for the whole thing, but the group thought it could have been much better also.

Peace

Location:7th St,Clay Center,United States

No comments:

Post a Comment