Wednesday, June 29, 2011

And I am off again ...

New start point for the Geezerman. Tomorrow Lois (my wonderful, charming and gracious wife of 45 years) will be driving me to Salt lake City to start this adventure a second time. Segment 4 reports July 1, and will start riding July 2. I have only missed 1,141 miles of this ride, so I still have 2,459 miles of this adventure to experience. Now the question is: what kind of shape will I be in, and will I be able to keep up? The accident was three weeks ago yesterday, and I have been on my trainer, but I don't know how that translates to the road. I did get a 42 mile ride in on Monday, but that kind of distance is way short of the 75 mile average this ride calls for. The shoulder is painful, but tolerable so far. The longer distances will be more revealing. I think I am more worried about sleeping on the floor than riding the bike, and now I will probably need two youngsters to help me get up off the floor in the morning.

Maybe I should have waited to join the group when they get to Denver July 9, but I really wanted to be a part of the build day in Craig, CO July 6. I am not sure what I will be able to help build with a gimpy shoulder, but I will at least be a part of the experience, and I can always "gopher" whatever is needed. Wait, I forgot how good I am at supervising, I can still supervise with only one good arm!

Oh yea, 190 lbs, and still short of my 185 lb goal. Maybe I can Craigslist my excess stomach. There must be some really skinny person that would appreciate a little extra weight.

I am very thankful for this second chance to join the group, and for all the support and encouragement that I have gotten. Now I better finish packing.

Peace

1 comment:

  1. PS: not sure about the fortune cookie I got tonight. It said: "The greatest danger could be your stupidity" I told the waitress that I must have gotten the wrong fortune, and wanted another one. She just took her tip and left.

    ReplyDelete