Sunday, June 12, 2011

Recovery ...

Had trouble with emotions in church this morning, praying about what happened, and so thankful for the outcome.

OK, but now I am thru feeling glad that I was the only one hurt bad enough to have to leave the ride. I am still glad that I was the only one hurt, but now everyone has reported to Seattle, gone on a practice ride together yesterday, and are off on the first leg of the trip to Monroe, WA today. Now I am getting really bummed out!

I guess the accident didn't scare anything out of me, zero miles ridden last week, so no surprise with 195 lbs today, a 4 lb gain. I am going to have to be very careful about what and how much I eat until I can get back to riding. I got my trainer all set up, but it's difficult to ride with one arm in a sling. We have recumbent bikes at our community lodge, but I've always had trouble working out in a gym. I would rather be out with my friends, the steep hills, and head winds.

We have a van and a temporary trailer with a new one meeting us in Colorado Springs, but could still use some help offsetting the cost of the van.

Thanks for all the support and good wishes for a fast recovery from so many, friends and strangers.

Wow, just got a picture of my "new best friend," Michael, who is a hard and fast St. Louis Cardinals fan, wearing a Cubs hat that I hid in his bag before I left for home. That is a true friend supporting me in my absence.

Thanks Mike!

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment