Thursday, May 24, 2012

Traveling....

On the way........

still on the way.........

stuck in Philly because of fog in Portland, Maine. I hope my bike is not getting too lonely waiting for me in Saco.

I took the red eye at 12:50 AM and I am not due to fly to Portland until 1:50 PM. That will be only about 8 hours in the Philly airport. I have a hotel tonight and then on to Saco Friday morning. We report for check-in early afternoon and start meeting old and new riders. Saturday is orientation, a practice ride, more orientation, and a Fuller Center presentation. Sunday morning is a worship service, lunch, a send off ceremony, and then the adventure begins with our first ride to Greenland, NH. This is only about a 45 mile ride, so we have a nice easy start to our first week of riding. The rest of the week has 75 - 95 mile rides, but the week of riding ends with a build day Saturday in Tabernacle, NJ. This of course is the purpose of all the riding. Helping people in need.

Meanwhile I sit and wait for my flight to be called, stuck eating expensive food......

So it was about 3:30 when we finally got on a flight, and then spent another 15 minutes on the runway waiting our turn. Got into my hotel room about 6:00 PM... just a little tired! Tomorrow Allen will pick me up and we will be on our way to Saco where I will get my bike, put it together again, and be ready to ride.

 Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment