Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Day 19 riding ...

Bike day 19 for me/13 to go
Carrollton, MO, to Moberly, MO 62 miles

The temperature has been kinder the last couple of days. I only registered 95 F while riding. However, the humidity has now joined us on our riding adventure. Something else to complain about, but I don't have a humidity reading on my Garmin computer to report on.

I hit a wicked hole on the way out of Carrollton this morning and my water bottle and iPhone went flying. Then I hit another hole and another water bottle went flying. Jonas and Rae were sweeping, and Jonas put me on probation because they were picking up after me. Not sure what the penalty would have been had I lost anything else, but I'm glad I didn't have to find out.

With about 8 miles to go I could not figure out why my rear end (well, my bike's) was acting so funky; I finally figured out I had had my 3rd flat tire of the trip. Alyssa was kind enough to stop and keep me company while I changed it. I found a small piece of glass that I could not even feel on the inside of the tire. Then about a mile farther I somehow managed to lose control of my bike and ended up in the ditch. I asked Alyssa who was following me, but she couldn't tell what happened any more than I could. Maybe just a groove in the concrete? I did keep the tires down, so no harm was done.

Moberly is a very small town, but Chris and Aaron had already found the ice cream place, had their shakes, and were back at the church well before I arrived. Something just not fair about that, but I can't figure out what it is. Maybe just jealously. Probably just jealously. Yeah, I, I'm sure I'm just jealous of their riding ability.

Well I joined the ranks of the wimps this afternoon. I took a nap. Actually fell asleep, and I was not at a ballgame or a movie. I just laid down and napped. I do feel better. But, will I be able to sleep tonight? That is the question.

An 83 mile ride tomorrow, then 89 miles, then 75 miles into Bloomington, IL. I'm riding well, and I am ready!

Food has arrived, and I am really ready!

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment