Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Starting over ...

I have been riding a recumbent bike at the gym, and now I have started riding my hybrid bike on a trainer on my back porch. A little awkward getting on and off, and also riding with one hand. Boring, but I have been able to get in at least an hour to an hour and a half the last three days. I need to get my time up to at least 2.5 to 3 hours, but I'm finding it tough mentally to sit there looking at the same thing that long. Maybe I just need better company than myself. It's not the same as street riding, and hard to push the pace with this setup, but it's better than nothing.

I saw the ortho doctor again today, and I now have a prescription for physical therapy, and appointments set starting June 21 and running every day for two weeks. That will bring me to June 30, and if I
I'm feeling strong enough by then, I will be trying to join the ride again in Salt Lake City, July 1. If the pain level is still too high then, I will just have to wait until July 9, when they arrive in Denver. I am really psyched to get on this ride, but am still trying to be careful with the shoulder. Doc says the only problem besides the pain would be if I fell on it again. That would probably mean surgery. I wonder how training wheels would work, or maybe an outrigger like some boats and canoes have.

I'm driving again since I have a spinner on my steering wheel which helps when my arthritis acts up. This used to be called a necking nob, but bucket seats put an end to that. They also used to have pinup pictures in the spinners, but that would be an antique that I could not afford. Hmmm, maybe a big picture of a pinup girl at the end of my porch? Hmmm, maybe I am too old for that to make a difference? NOT! Hmmm, maybe I will have lumps on my head when Lois reads this.

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment